Gold Dust track listing and artwork revealed
This morning ToriAmos.com announced the track listing and cover artwork for Gold Dust, the career retrospective album Tori recorded with The Metropole Orkest, which is slated for release this October.
Tori assembled an eclectic selection from her 20 year catalogue of music. Even I was surprised by her choices. Pleasantly surprised.
1. Flavor (from Abnormally Attracted To Sin, 2009)
2. Yes, Anastasia (from Under the Pink, 1994)
3. Jackie’s Strength (From from the choirgirl hotel, 1998)
4. Cloud On My Tongue (from Under the Pink, 1994)
5. Precious Things (from Little Earthquakes, 1992)
6. Gold Dust (from Scarlet’s Walk, 2002)
7. Star of Wonder (from Midwinter Graces, 2009)
8. Winter (from Little Earthquakes, 1992)
9. Flying Dutchman (from b-sides, 1992)
10. Programmable Soda (from American Doll Posse, 2007)
11. Snow Cherries From France (from Tales of a Librarian, 2003)
12. Marianne (from Boys for Pele, 1996)
13. Silent All These Years (from Little Earthquakes, 1992)
14. Girl Disappearing (from American Doll Posse, 2007)
Unfortunately she did not choose songs from To Venus and Back, Strange Little Girls, The Beekeeper, or Night of Hunters. Below is a performance she gave with The Metropole Orkest back in 2010. It should give you an idea of how the new album will sound. Although Tori has publicly stated that she did not enjoy this specific concert experience, this song really stood out that evening.