2011 ends in five hours and I’ve been thinking a lot about how I would like to shape 2012. Therefore here are my top 5 resolutions for the new year:
1. Stop drinking alcohol. I would like to be sober for one full year. I didn’t start drinking alcohol until I was 19 but it’s now a constant in my life. It’s not that I’m an alcoholic but it would be nice to find other ways to have fun, or to go out for the evening without the dependence on an alcoholic beverage. I put this at the top of my list because it will be the most difficult to achieve.
2. Edit. I was mortified today to learn that followers of my blog receive an email of the posts I publish. Oh dear! I am constantly editing my blog and usually when I publish a post I edit it several times after. The first draft is full of errors and is a work in progress. I will attempt to be more careful and catch errors before firing an entry off into the blogosphere.
3. Better photographs. i’m really enjoying taking photos and I hope to improve the images that I capture in the new year. However my only exception is to publish my photos as is, and not tweak them in photoshop. I enjoy authentic photographs more.
4. Cook more. I love to cook and I was asking myself lately why I don’t do it more. I must. While in Argentina I stopped making meals, so when I return I will ensure that I correct this.
5. Relax. I’m very hard on myself and can spend weeks thinking about something I may have said that could have negatively impacted another human being. I will attempt to be more careful with the words that come out of my mouth and to forgive myself for the mistakes that I make. I don’t think it’s a terrible thing that I’m sensitive, but sometimes it’s a little much.
Not on the list because they are more self indulgent are my planned trips to Patagonia, Iguazu Falls and Mendoza. The latter is wine country, so I have made an exception to violate my first new year’s resolution not to drink alcohol.
Have a lovely night everyone! All the best in 2012.